Here’s the Problem
For generations, Big Tobacco has targeted our peers, attracting us with colorful graphics, age-driven marketing, pop culture presence, trending pastimes on social media, and the creation of over 15,500 flavors ranging from sweet to minty fresh worldwide. Today, only 7% of our peers in Montana vape daily; let’s continue trending down in nicotine use in 2022!
IT’S TIME TO ReACT
Montana’s teen-led movement is taking action to become the first-ever tobacco-free generation through education, advocacy, and action.
- ReACTors provide current and relevant information on a subject. Such as:
- Known harms of tobacco use
- Flavor Education
- Marketing tactics of Big Tobacco
- Point of Sale
- Increase awareness of My Life, My Quit & This is Quitting by TRUTH.
- Increase awareness & support of legislative policies designed to protect youth from tobacco imitation
- ReACTors support legislation designed to protect Montana teens from the harmful products of Big Tobacco. Such as:
- Increase awareness & support of legislative policies designed to protect Montana youth
- Expand local CIAA to include e-cigarettes and smoking distance rule
- Increase awareness & support of My Life, My Quit, & This is Quitting from TRUTH
- For tobacco-free school campus policies for all K-12 schools in Montana
- ReACTors take action to achieve the main objective of reACT to become the first-ever tobacco-free generation in Montana. Such as:
- Promote the reACT objectives
- Take the tobacco-free pledge
- Participate in a day of action events
- Participate in state-wide summits
- Inform decision-makers on the harms of tobacco use
We stand up. Speak out. And reACT to the lies and manipulation from Big Tobacco and the Vaping Industry. They target us, so we target them.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE?
- Individual ReACTor: One student participating in reACT activities and events as an individual with the support of an adult advisor.
- ReACT Coalitions: Minimum of two students participating in reACT activities and events as a group with the support of an adult advisor.
- Youth Prevention Programs: Other youth programs working on health prevention with interest in tobacco can participate in reACT activities and events as a group working on tobacco prevention initiatives within their program.
For more information, check out the ReACT Coalition Guide.